Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Contiki Tour - Lucerne to Amsterdam

WASSUUPPP!

That's right I’m in Amsterdam at the moment But before I go into my experiences there let me talk about Switzerland.

Switzerland is the most beautiful country I’ve ever seen - everywhere there are views of mountains or waterfalls or snow. It is also the most well protected country in the world, where being surrounded by mountains enables them to plant anti-aircraft weapons in the mountains, have devices designed to blow up every entry point into the country, and have a 400000 strong army able to be mobilised in less than 72 hours!

Anything I said about Austria, multiply it by 10 because that’s how clean, beautiful and friendly Switzerland is! Hows the Serenity!

In fact one favourite moment was sitting with friends outside a cafe drinking hot chocolate and talking, with a glorious view of the mountains in perfect weather right behind us. How cool is that!?

Anyway, went to the Jungfrau Mountains (11000ft) to see spectacular views of the mountains and enjoy the snow (but didn't go skiing). Unfortunately I’m sick (I've been sick 5 times on this trip because we all live in the bus and everyone is sick) so the thin cold air did not help me feel better, so I had to go back down earlier than I wanted to. Oh well.

Anyways, got myself a Swiss Army knife so I’m happy, it's even engraved with my name on it.

Then we went to St Goar in Germany where I bought myself a beer stein, the ones with the metal lid on ceramic mug and all
Also went to a wine tasting which was more of a wine sculling because we had to finish the glass of wine we had before starting on the next one to test. It was a good night

And then we went to Amsterdam....

I could go into detail of what exactly has been going on in Amsterdam but that would mean lots of email filters bouncing back my emails, and people may be offended by what I write. Let’s just say that I was someone eating a banana out of something on stage in a particular stage show....hmmm.... Also coffee shops don’t just serve coffee......And space cakes aren't things you buy for your grandparents.....

We did do normal clean things such as go to a cheese and clog making demonstration though.....And I went to Anne Franks house which was cool, also the torture museum, Amsterdam is nice with it's many canals, not as colourful or beautiful as Venice but peaceful and friendly enough.

Whew, not far to go, tonight is the last night before heading back to London where I have to find a job and accommodation, where the holiday ends and hard work begins. D'oh!

No comments: