Saturday, October 4, 2003

Back in London Again

Hey All,

Back from AmsterDAMAGE, now recovering in London for the last few days, after saying farewell to my Contiki friends and getting over what we all call "The Contiki Cough", which has affected almost everyone on the Contiki bus. It’s pretty much a sore throat and lasting cough cold. My main focus has been on just getting healthy again, and a few nights good sleep (without drinking) does wonders.

Anyways, etechgroup, the online software company I worked for back at home, have been nice enough to find me some work in Bristol, so I should be heading there later next week and stay there for 2-3 months. Its work for this government project called the Kingswood Consortium, which involves online education and 12 schools and a revolutionary new teaching learning method called Individual Learning Plans....that’s the gist anyways.

So that means it's Good Bye London and Hello Bristol (which is situated on the Western shore of England). My plans are to set up a base there and take small trips to places around me or maybe a big trip after 3 months is up to go to places like Bath, Stonehenge and other cool places in between...I’ll probably head back to London and from there I may fly to Lisbon, Portugal and spend some time going from there up to Spain, Italy, France and back to London again. That’s the idea anyways

I've just left Emily’s place to stay at another friends place (Becky Zylberberg), not sure how long yet, but I’m trying to avoid renting anything in London because I’m leaving next Wednesday anyway.....

I have 10 rolls of film I need to develop, but is so expensive (£72 is the cheapest I can find which is roughly $140AUD) I think depending on my financial status I’ll just get it done, but I don't know how things will go till I’m actually in Bristol and working. Hopefully accommodation won't be too expensive, because I need to earn enough money to use when I’m not working in Spain etc....I’m thinking some bar work to complement work for Etechgroup or something like that. I'll keep you all posted....

Anyways, in short everything’s going the way I sorta planned it to be, so I’m quite optimistic and happy..

No comments: