Saturday, January 3, 2004

Pub work at Xmas

Hi all,

Merry Xmas and New Year and all that...

Below is a link to photos a friend from the Contiki tour put up. Have a look, there are several photos of me in different states of intoxication and half of the places I went to see.
http://adobe.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b35f9d770580

Xmas has been quite a busy time for me. I found some work at the local pub called the Wishing Well and it's been interesting learning to pull pints and serve food. I reckon this would be useful experience for when I might look for work during my travels, as it's easier to get work when you have bar experience.

I've worked through xmas eve, Xmas day and boxing day etc to keep myself from boredom and also because I couldn’t spend xmas with family. But people in a small town are wonderful and I was invited by two families to spend Xmas with them after work! So it all was well in the end.

Jana is spending her Xmas in Slovakia - she'll be back in two weeks. And yes we are now together, though to avoid gossip in this village that we live in we're trying to keep it secret from the locals.. I guess the heart won.

BTW, I’m annoyed to have missed the Concorde landing/last flight, seeing I was only a few km's away from it in Filton in Bristol. I mean, travel thousands of km from Australia to Bristol only to have to miss it. Grrr, blame the guy I had to run his class for while he went to a meeting (and happened to see it fly by twice as a result!)

Had quite a cultured week last week, seeing the school's musical "Grease" being performed which was pretty good, and saw Handel's "Messiah" at Colston hall in Bristol (Halleluiah! Chorus you might recognise it).

Will be in London from Jan 6th to 10th manning a stand at the BETT show in London (British Education Technology Trade Show). So Emily, Martin, etc who happen to be in London or nearby if you want to catch up for a drink etc then email me or ring me..

No comments: